The term for the current 2019-2022 license agreement expires on December 31, 2022. As your garden group’s designated Garden Contacts, it is part of your responsibility to help facilitate the relicensing of the garden in order to remain in good standing and continue receiving support from GreenThumb. Please see the letter from GreenThumb Director Carlos Martinez for additional details. When submitting the 2023 GreenThumb License and Registration Packet, please make sure to provide all the information requested in the following checklist:
- a signed 2023 GreenThumb License Agreement by the two (2) designated Garden Contacts;
- a completed GreenThumb Annual Registration Form (available as an online form and as a PDF file);
- a copy of the most up-to-date garden group’s bylaws (groups can use this template);
- a copy of the most up-to-date membership list (groups can use this template);
- a schedule for the open hours planned for the 2023 gardening season; and
- a plot waitlist (if your garden assign plots to members and if there is a waiting list. Groups can use this template).
Your garden group can submit the relicensing packet online, by mail, or in-person. GreenThumb must receive the relicensing packet by December 31, 2022.
Packets can be submitted online:
Please make sure that text is legible and the documents saved as PDF files. You can send all the following documents via e-mail to GreenThumbRegistration@parks.nyc.gov (use your garden name in the subject line):
- License Agreement
- Group Bylaws (template available)
- Membership List (template available)
- Plot Waitlist (if applicable) (template available)
- Registration can be submitted via the online form or as a PDF file
Printed packets can be mailed to:
NYC Parks, The Arsenal
830 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10065
Packets can also be hand-delivered to:
NYC Parks GreenThumb Office
100 Gold Street. Suite 3100
New York, NY 10008
Only between 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. on the following dates:
Wednesday, November 30
Wednesday, December 7
Wednesday, December 14
Wednesday, December 21
Wednesday, December 28
If you missed one of our in-person and virtual Q&A sessions about the relicensing process, please attend our Relicensing Office Hours, which take place virtually on Zoom every Friday between noon and 1 p.m. through December 16 (details below).
We would like to remind you that the GreenThumb License Agreement grants the garden group legal permission to garden on NYC Parks property. We have provided a video tutorial, also available in Spanish. Please share this information with your garden membership widely! Communications and related documents are available in other languages upon request.
Relicensing Office Hours:
If you missed our Relicensing Q&A Sessions, sign-up for Relicensing Office Hours with GreenThumb, taking place every Friday through December 16th from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Ask questions about the license agreement, policies, and resources. No need to attend if you've already been to a Relicensing Q&A Session.
RSVP at: relicensingofficehours.eventbrite.com
Please find below a timeline for the 2023 Relicensing process:
- Oct. 14th – Dec. 16th, 2022: If you missed our Relicensing Q&A Sessions, sign-up for Relicensing Office Hours
- By December 31st, 2022: Submit completed 2023 Relicensing package to GreenThumb.
Caring for a GreenThumb community garden is an important form of community service and we thank you for taking on this responsibility to make your neighborhood and our city a better place. GreenThumb is here to support garden groups however we can, and we are thankful for the opportunity to get to work with dedicated New Yorkers like you.
If you have any questions, please be in touch with your Outreach Coordinator or Assistant Director of Community Engagement Alex Munoz (email@example.com).
- Download Survey - Russian - License Agreement Survey (PDF, 250 KB)
- Download License - English - GreenThumb 2023 License (PDF, 169 KB)
- Download Frequently Asked Questions - GreenThumb License (PDF, 274 KB)
- Download Survey - Chinese - License Agreement Survey (PDF, 303 KB)
- Download License - Chinese - GreenThumb 2019-2022 License (PDF, 197 KB)
- Download License - English - GreenThumb 2019-2022 License (PDF, 103 KB)
- Download Garden Bed Waiting List - Template (PDF, 24 KB)
- Download Espanol 2023 Licencia de GreenThumb (PDF, 184 KB)
- Download Survey - Korean - License Agreement Survey (PDF, 340 KB)
- Download License - Bengali - GreenThumb 2019-2022 License (PDF, 210 KB)
- Download Survey - Bengali - License Agreement Survey (PDF, 404 KB)
- Download Registration Form - GreenThumb - Annual (PDF, 338 KB)
- Download License - Russian - GreenThumb 2019-2022 License (PDF, 246 KB)
- Download License - Spanish - GreenThumb 2019-2022 License (PDF, 84 KB)
- Download License - Spanish - GreenThumb 2019-2022 License (PDF, 257 KB)
- Download Survey - Spanish - License Agreement Survey (PDF, 225 KB)
- Download License - Korean - GreenThumb 2019-2022 License (PDF, 238 KB)
- Download Membership Template (PDF, 20 KB)