GreenThumb Events & Workshops
Gardening for Liberation: A Social Justice Roundtable Series - Part 1
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Browse and Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Join community garden leaders for a panel followed by small group discussions where community gardeners will share stories about how they're using their community gardens in various interconnected movements for liberation.
Moderator: Karen Washington, Farmer at Rise & Root Farm, GreenThumb community gardener at Garden of Happiness
- Heather Butts, JD, MPH, MA. GreenThumb community gardener at HEALTH for Youths, Skyline Playground Community Garden
- Peter Cramer, GreenThumb community gardener at Le Petit Versailles
- Nando Rodriguez, Brotherhood Sister Sol, GreenThumb community gardener at Frank White Memorial Garden
- Cindy Nibbelink Worley, GreenThumb community gardener at Joseph Daniel Wilson Memorial Garden
- Haja Worley, GreenThumb community gardener at Joseph Daniel Wilson Memorial Garden
GrowNYC's Project Farmhouse
76 East 13th Street, Manhattan
Directions to this location